2017 FALL REC SOCCER For boys and girls ages 4 through 12. The season begins on Sept. 9 and ends on Oct. 14. The rec. program is perfect for both beginners and those looking to improve. Practice plans are age appropriate, developed by licensed coaches, and focused on having fun. What about games? The kids will love to hear this. Most of the dates are set up for just that- GAMES!
Ages & Date details (based on the upcoming 2017-2018 school year):
PreK* & K Coed Thursday evenings and Saturdays
1st – 6th Grade Girls Thursday evenings and Saturdays
1st – 6th Grade Boys Tuesday evenings and Saturdays
Earliest start time will be 5:30pm for Weeknights and 9:00am for Saturday mornings
*PreK must be 4 yrs old by Sept. 9
Sign up by July 15 for Early Bird Pricing.
Once enrolled - We will communicate this news to you first via a TWEET. You can receive our SSA TWEETS as a text message. All you have to do is text the phrase follow ShakopeeSoccer to the number 40404. We will then update our website. It is your responsibility to check the website for updates, information, and weather cancelations during the season.
Steps to get the info you need:
1. Find your child’s name on the age appropriate Roster. Note: Only last name and first initial are listed to protect your child’s identity. Rosters can be found under "Rosters-Schedule" (a tab on the left).
2. Identify which team number/team name your child is on, and who the coach is. If no coach is listed for that team, we will need one of the team parents to step up and help out.
3. Find your child’s team’s schedule so you know where to be and when. The complete schedule for each team can be found under "Rosters-Schedule" (a tab on the left).
· Coaches … Please stop at the building and pick up your team’s roster, uniforms, coach’s shirt(s), and equipment bag.
· Players … Please go straight to your designated field.
· Schedules and field maps will be posted on the windows of the building in case you forget where you’re going.
Players Must Bring:
· Their own soccer ball – size 4 (please label it)
· Their own water bottle (please label it)
· Wear soccer cleats or tennis shoes
· Wear shin guards, with socks that cover the shin guards
· On game days, wear their white SSA uniform shirt, black shorts
· On game days, the HOME team will wear green pinnies – so the HOME TEAM COACH will need to stop by the building to pick up pinnies for their team.
· On practice days, the coach will need to stop by the building and pick up an equipment bag.
· The concession stand will be open for your convenience.
· Bathrooms are located on the south end of the building.
· A ball pump is available for use at the building.
· Ice and band-aids are available at the building.
· Lost and Found is located in the building. Please label your child’s ball, etc. Our lost and found fills up too quickly!
· Someone will be available for assistance or questions in the building.
· Doyle Voss is our Rec Coaching Director and will be making the rounds to all the fields throughout the week.
Designed for boys and girls PreK-6th Grade. The rec. program is perfect for both beginners and those looking to improve. Practice plans are age appropriate, developed by licensed coaches, and focused on having fun. What about games? The kids will love to hear this. Most of the dates are set up for just that- GAMES!
Rec Club Objectives
Develop soccer players at an early age. Teach basic skills of soccer. Have fun.
For the Rec league we use the PreK - 6th grade level for team assembly.
Registration Fees and Refund Policy
The registration fee for Fall Rec Soccer is $95 plus $20 for the mandatory jersey for the program. The registration fee increases to $110 after July 15. If you have a jersey from spring that still fits, no need to order a new jersey.
Teams are formed based on the number of participants and coaches, and are determined by roster vacancies, player age, and gender. Due to the number of participants in our program we are unable to honor special requests for specific coaches or teammates.
All Rec coaches are volunteers. The SSA provides training so no experience is necessary. We encourage parents to volunteer when you complete your child's registration online. The only requirements are that you pass a background check during the most recent MYSA fiscal year and that you have completed online concussion training in the past 3 years.
The players need a water bottle, ball (size 4), shirt for practice, shorts (black preferably), shin guards, socks that cover the shin guards, and shoes. Shoes can be tennis shoes or soccer cleats. We will hand out the SSA soccer shirts at the first practice; please have your child wear them to games.
All games, practices, and training are at the 17th Avenue Soccer Complex (between SACS and Sun Path Elementary schools). Sometimes we may combine with other clubs and therefore some games may be played at alternate locations.
Where to find information about Rec Soccer
The most updated information about this program can always be found on the website. However, rosters and game schedules will also be posted at the soccer complex once a season begins. If there are major changes to a schedule, or if other pertinent information arises, an email will be sent to all participants in a timely manner.
Weather Cancellation Policy
SSA will make a call on whether to play the games or cancel due to bad weather by 3:00 PM of the day of play, or early Saturday morning for Saturday games. Check the home page of the SSA website and look for information on whether fields are open or closed. You can also follow us on Twitter to get updates via text message by texting the phrase follow shakopeesoccer to 40404.
If you have questions or concerns please email the Recreation Director at: email@example.com